Offering Unparalleled Certification Credentials Recognized Nationally and Internationally. These Credentials Set the Standard for Knowledge and Professionalism in the Field of Prevention and Behavioral Health.
The Tennessee Certification Board is accepting applications for the position of Administrative Director.
Tennessee Certification Board – Administrative Director
Board of Directors of the Tennessee Certification Board (TBC) and contracted Fiscal Agent (FA)
Salary Range: Negotiable, dependent upon experience and state funding
Position Summary: The Administrative Director, in concert with the Board of Directors and contracted fiscal agent, is responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the TCB. As such, the AD will:
- Serve as the administrative officer of the TCB
- Administer all aspects of the certification processes, including but not limited to the:
- maintenance of all existing certifications;
- development and implementation of new certifications;
- development and maintenance of application screening, evaluation by TBC review; committee, certification award notification, and certification renewal processes;
- maintenance of all records associated with certification applications;
- assurance of confidentiality of records;
- and, collaboration with IC&RC.
- Serve as the spokesperson for TBC.
- Represent and promote all TBC programs and services.
- Promote and market available and future certifications to the various populations, agencies, or organizations having the potential to benefit from the certification process.
- Partner with other agencies, organizations, or groups to develop, implement, and promote certifications across Tennessee.
- Collaborate with other agencies, organizations, or state officials for appropriate training requirements to obtain and sustain certifications.
- Maintain the TCB website assuring efficient and effective communication with varied audiences and electronic management of certification processes.
- Manage TCB and contract / grant funds in conjunction with the TBC Board and fiscal agent, including but not limited to the:
- ensuring that administrative requirements are met with regard to timely processing of all financial records;
- oversight of the deposit and investment of funds for the project from grants and other sources;
- monitoring of financial activity details conducted by bank/investment company;
- preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by the Board and regulatory agencies;
- receipt and disbursement of TCB payables in a timely manner;
- and, preparation of an annual TCB budget, to be presented to the Board in January of each year, for review and approval.
- Work with, and support the activities of, the TCB Board of Directors.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all fiscal agent and TCB policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the ethical and confidentiality standards of the prevention field.
- Serve on appropriate committees as needed to address certification issues.
- Ensure that TBC and fiscal agent policies, rules, regulations, directives and other guidelines are implemented and followed.
- Ensure the proper dissemination of information, opportunities, directives, requirements, and other material to varied audiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board.
- Ability to efficiently manage the overall operation of the TCB.
- Ability to demonstrate energetic and creative leadership of TCB programs and services.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other agencies, organizations, or groups in planning, implementing, and evaluating the certification processes.
- Ability to effectively promote and market certification to varied audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the TBC Board of Directors and fiscal agent.
- Ability to develop both short-term and long-range plans for the TBC to successfully complete goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively prepare and inform varied agencies, organizations, or groups of the certification processes.
- Ability to effectively analyze, interpret, and report data associated with the certification processes.
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to develop and interpret plans, policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and associated software.
- Ability to effectively supervise personnel and complete all associated personnel actions in a timely and accurate manner, resolve personnel issues, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Must have budget development and fiscal management skills and the ability to manage recordkeeping, administrative, and budgetary details.
- Ability to partner with various audiences to accomplish TCB goals.
- Must have excellent people skills to be able to work with a diverse audiences.
- Must have excellent team building and networking skills to promote the certifications of TCB
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree is required from an accredited college or university.
- One year of experience as a director or equivalent position.
- Experience in budget management.
- Experience in community-level or related work.
- Experience in program or service marketing and promotion.
- Commitment to service.
- Background check will be required of the successful candidate.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in the alcohol, other drug, or tobacco treatment, intervention or prevention related field.
- Experience at a non-profit organization.
- Experience as a successful grant writer.
- Experience in grant management.
- Experience in the development of certification or similar process.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
- The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals, who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Staff is required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the Board in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the candidate must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Please submit the following materials via email:
1. Completed Application Form- TCB Adm Dir Application July 2014
2. Personal Resume and Biography
Send to Camille Lashlee, TCB President at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm CST Friday, July 18, 2014.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact current Interim Director, Josh Greer at: email@example.com or by phone at: (615)927-1291.
What’s new? New credentials are being finalized, so keep posted and visit our site regularly to see how this credential is progressing!
**If you have any further questions, please contact us! Our contact info is located in the “Contact” portion of this website. Just click the tab at the top of the page.**
Help keep our state one of the best in the nation by making a tax deductible contribution to TCB. We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions will be used for training and education programs. Please click on the link below and donate today!